- Assisting the Operations Team with administrative needs including but not limited to festival correspondence, voice mail, mailings, e-fax, printing, copies, filing and preparing documents on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain regular meetings and correspondence with the Festival Manager and Operations Manager regarding on going tasks and projects.
- Attend staff meetings: Assist Festival Manager and Operations Manager in preparing agendas, coordinating food deliveries, sending directions/reminders, assisting in keeping meeting notes and disseminating them to staff after the meetings on an as needed basis.
- Assist the Operations team during the festival in coordinating all the different departments and ensuring a smooth and organized event.
Come be a part of our exciting team! Please send a cover letter and resume with Operations Intern in the subject line to email@example.com
- Work under direct supervision of the Festival’s Publicist
- Maintain/Update media databases
- Communicate with press and publicists regarding screeners, attendance at IFFLA events, press coverage
- Track press coverage and create pdfs of IFFLA articles published in the media for archiving
- Coordinate screener distribution to press
- Ensure and administer press section updates on the website in coordination with Publicist and web developers.
- Send out emails confirming/declining accreditation/access – based on publicist's decisions
- Assist with press check-in at the press desk
- Assist with red carpet and press junkets
- Attend IFFLA bi-weekly and weekly meetings
- Be available to call-in for weekly department phone conferences
- Be available to work all 6-days of the fest
- Be available to work at off-site events as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the publicist
- Resident of Los Angeles or surrounding area
- Ability to devote 10-15 hours/week. Most of the work can be performed remotely
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word; knowledge of Google Docs preferred
- Efficient and able to maintain strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate well with others via email and in person
- Excellent team-player attitude
- Car with valid driver’s license
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "Publicity Coordinator" in the subject line.
- Manage and maintain the sponsorship database
- Coordinate communication with sponsors to make sure deliverables are met
- Update database preparing sponsor benefit checklist for designers, web developers, special events team etc.
- Run the Patron Program including renewing existing patrons, signing up new patrons, and administering benefits and proper patron cultivation during festival
- Assist with proposals and agreements as needed
- Manage Sponsor Will Call on opening and closing night galas, along with sponsorship associates
- Coordinate sponsor materials for the festival
- Ensure proper sponsor cultivation during the festival
- Support the Sponsorship department in all sponsorship activities as they come up (i.e. sponsor research)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to produce effective, compelling written materials
- Strong communication, organizational, administrative, and guest services skills
- Team player, highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- Previous fundraising experience with an arts organization a plus
- Knowledge of Indian cinema a plus
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line "Sponsorship & Patron Program Coordinator".
Special Events Interns (2 Openings)
- Provide support to the events department
- Make runs, pick-ups and drop-offs for the events department when assigned
- Research and compile reports specific to the event needs
- Assist in the coordination of all festival events
- Strong interpersonal skills and outgoing personality
- Show initiative and be proactive
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office. Experience with event websites is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign or similar a plus but not required
- Must possess a reliable laptop computer
- Must have a valid driving license and reliable car with insurance
This is a part time position requiring approximately 20hours/week, January-mid April 2014. College credit a possibility.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Special Events Intern".