The Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial and experienced Festival Producer. The Festival Producer will work closely with the Managing Director and Chair of the Board and will be responsible for delivering a successful festival within a predetermined budget.
- Establish overall vision of the festival on collaboration with the Managing Director and Chair of the Board
- Manage the departments of Production, Special Events team, Volunteers, Box Office, Theater Managers, Video Crew and Website.
- Recruit staff for the above-mentioned departments and assist in recruitment of staff in other departments, as needed.
- Work closely with the Managing Director and assist with interaction with staff, volunteers, filmmakers, sponsors and vendors to ensure that proper information is disseminated within a timely manner.
- Develop and manage festival timeline, day by day schedule, volunteer orientations, meeting all deadlines.
- Manage staff meetings.
- Manage the festival budget and, along with the Managing Director, be accountable for all budgetary matters.
- Coordinate production at festival and special events venues, including but not limited to box office, info desks, will call set up, lounge set up, posters onsite and in theaters, staff badges, parking passes, meals as needed.
- Manage web updates in coordination with all departments and web developer.
- Manage Operations interns/volunteers.
- Post festival, ensure the completion of all festival engagements, materials and rental returns.
- Ensure the festival office is returned to an organized state post-fest.
- Coordinate staff wrap meeting, collect wrap reports from all departments and organize them in the festival’s server. Submit individual wrap report per guidelines.
- Reconcile budget with the assistance of the Operations Manager.
- Ensure all festival data is backed up and secure, staff has access to documents, and permissions as required, and maintain a streamlined approach to collating all festival data for 2016.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years event production experience required, experience in film festivals preferred.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Superior customer service and relations skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Comfortability working with audiences of all ages and backgrounds in a busy, high-stress environment.
- A friendly, courteous, and guest services-focused demeanor.
- Strong commitment to teamwork.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Interest and/or backing in Indian cinema is a plus.
- Strong network within the filmmaking and Indian local communities is a plus.
Schedule: This is a seasonal position requiring availability mid December-mid May, with an hourly work week of approximately 20 hours in December, January and May, and 30-40 hours per week in February-April. Must have flexibility to work weeknights, including Fridays, weekends, and holidays as required.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to Dipika Bisht at firstname.lastname@example.org.